Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Buggy Challenge

It's Super Bowl day. I am sure many of you are excited. I am too. This means I get to be in my scrap room while the guys are watching football. No, I am not a fan of football. I would rather be scrappin'. 

Here is a cute buggy valentine that I made for the Creative Cutter Room Challenge, Love Bugs & Hugs. 
The challenge was to make a project with a bug on it. I had an extra heart shape from another project that I wanted to use.
I started cutting the cute bee and when done, realized it was too small. Rather than toss it, I used it on the inside of the card.  


Here's how I did it....
Red paper from Bazzill
Pattern paper from American Crafts
All other paper from my scrap stash
Heart, from Lacy Labels was an extra I had cute when making this card.
Bee and all layers cut at 3.5" from Create a Critter, p. 68
EK Border punch
Brown chalk and doodles with my gel pen

4 comments:

Adrian said...

he is just 2 adorable!

Christine said...

Cute card!
http://pickulblog.blogspot.com/

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

very fun! great paper! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter Room! Good Luck in the challenge! DT Member Carri

Cricket's Cricut Creations said...

Love how you added something to the inside of your card!! Love the bee :) Thanks for joining the creativecutter.org challenge! DT Member Mollie