Saturday, February 12, 2011

Peachy Keen Challenge Project - Valentine's Box.

Do you guys remember being in grade school or even now if you have young children, making a special valentines box or container to collect Valentine's? Well, this project reminds me of that. Now I just have to find 30 classmates to fill my box with valentine's-LOL!

The Let's Face it Friday Peachy Keen challenge is to create an altered container using Peachy Keen Stamps faces to store Valentines or cards you receive throughout the year. Because I am in the Valentine's mood, I stuck to that theme. Jitterbuggin' also has a black, white and red challenge going on. My white is actually off-white. I also posted it over at Patti-Lynn Creations Challenge.

I am scrapping with my friends this weekend and was not planning to do either of these challenges so I was not real prepared with a container. Well, we have lots of snacks, so a box of Ritz crackers was sacrificed for this project. 

I ended up cutting the little dog about 3 times with different colored paper combos, before I found the one I liked. I attached him with pop dots for a bit of dimension.
Here's how I did it....
Covered box with kraft bazzill paper
Patterned paper from American Krafts 
Striped paper from Lasting impressions cut 2" tall
All other paper from my stash
Dog and layers cut at 4.5" from Create a Critter cart, p.35 
Large heart cut at 4.5" from Sweathearts cart, p.72
XOXO and layers cut at 1.75" from Stamping cart
Small heart punched using CM heart punch
Doggy face from Peachy Keen Wide Eyed and Bushy Tailed stamp set
Sentiments on hearts from MY Creative Time,You Had Me at Chocolate stamp set
Ruffled crepe paper ribbon, doodles with my brown and white pen
Ribbon from my stash

7 comments:

Adrian said...

OMG! Love all the patterns and puppy is so adorable! Great job:)

Jae said...

SO CUTE! Love the adorable puppy! TFS :)
Jenn
craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

Janette S. said...

That is so cute - look what you can do with a box and some creativity!

JanJan808Kreate said...

Such a cute and kreative card...I just become a follower...hope you do the same =)

http://janjan808kreate.blogspot.com/

Patti Ross said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!! I'm a new follower and am so glad you posted this on my challenge! Good Luck!

Patti Ross
rossfam@wildblue.net
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Kim said...

great box! that little puppy is so cute. Thanks for playing along on the challenge

Sherri said...

How sweet......love that you made a box!

Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!