Friday, March 11, 2011

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Color Challenge

Happy Friday everyone!

What a busy and exciting week. Work is crazy busy trying to get things done before I go on vacation. Not to mention trying to get some things ready for the blog so you all don't get bored while I am gone-LOL!

Only 6 days until my vacation -  yes I am counting!

Today is my first post as a new Design Team member for Frosted Designs. 
This is so exciting. Each Friday, Frosted Designs hosts a challenge.
This week it is a Color Challenge - Photo Inspiration; use the colors in this picture to create a project.
I have been playing around with the new Creative Memories Stork's Delivery Cartridge that came out March 1. 
By the way, if you want it you can order it from me since I am a Creative Memories consultant. Just drop me a note or enter my name on the website when you order it.

The colors in the photo are gorgeous spring colors but would also work well for a baby card. So that is what I did. 
I used a rectangle shape from Plantin' Schoolbook and welded the block to it to make the shaped card and then rounded my corners 
If you don't have DS or a Gypsy to do the welding, you can cut a straight edge card, cutting the front panel off on the side and overlapping your blocks for a similar effect.

Now I will let you in on a little secret. I had a few challenges making this card. 
While trying to stamp the sentiment, I got ink on my stamp block and therefore, got ink in places I did not want it. 

I always say, an accident is an opportunity!

So instead of taking it all apart, I got another piece of the background paper and stamped again, inked the edges and then glued it over my mistake. Now it looks like it was meant to be that way. 
The tricky part of this sentiment, from My Pink Stamper's new Sweet Baby stamp set,  is that it comes in two long lines, not the four you see on my card. I haven't gotten to the point where I want to cut my stamps apart so I use post-it notes to mask off the area I don't want stamped and keep moving the stamp around to get the desired look.


Guess what- I made the same mistake on the inside- Good Grief! So, I took some scraps left over from the front of the card and restamped. 

But wait-- yes, a third error!
Becasue of the uneven edge on the right side of the card, the paper would not fit into my corner rounder punch well. So I thought, no problem, I will just trim it. Well, that was a mistake! It was all uneven. Yes, you guessed it, that's how that cute rattle ended up at that top corner of the card. Just covered it right up.

Please stop over at Frosted Designs and look at what the other awesome Design Team Members did. They are extremely talented just as I know you are. I would love to see what you create with these colors. 

Here's how I did it.... 
Card measures to fit Standard A2 envelope
Pattern paper is from an old baby paper stack
Paper is all Bazzill and scraps from my stash
Baby blocks/layers cut at 4.14" from Stork's Delivery cart, p.54
Welded a shadow from the blocks to a rectangle from Plantin' School book; copied and pasted it to the other side so it matched up when folded. 
EK Border punch
Bear/layers cut at 2.57" from Christmas Noel cart
Rattle/layers cut at 2" from Stork's Delivery, p. 29
Stitched panel cut at 3.6" x 5.15" from Stork's Delivery, p.69
Sentiments from My Pink Stamper Sweet Baby stamp set
Brown copic marker for highlights on bear
Brown and purple chalk
Ribbon from my stash
Black pearl sticker and doodles with my gel pen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, loved sharing in all your "mistakes" along the way. I say sharing cause I'm constantly re-doing, adding, adjusting, whatever...as I make a card. Perfection is not in my vocabulary! You would never know there was a single goof in your card though, it's great!!

Anonymous said...

This card turned out super cute!!!

Lydia said...

Barb, you would never know there was a single mistake on that card! Great job! Looking forward to designing with you!
Lydia

Maquel said...

Super cute!! Love it!! Congrats on the Frosted Designs DT!

all the days of our life said...

Barb this card is too cute.

Debbie said...

Such a cute card!! Love the little bear!!