Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dresser Step Card

I decided I wanted to try a dresser step card. I have seen many ideas out there in the blog world, but have never tried one. Well, today was the day. I finished my first dresser card for a very special person. I cannot post that one today or they will see it before they receive it in the mail. I promise to post it later this week. In the meantime, I had a practice template card cut out and decided to make that into a Valentine. Not sure who I will send it to yet. 


I used several cartridges to embellish and make this little scene. 



I am also linking this up to the ABC DT Challenge Blog- Red, White and Pink


Here's how I did it...
Card folded up measures standard A2 size
EK punch for bottom of dress
Dress/layers cut at 2.25" from CM This & That 
Slippers/layers cut at 2.25" from CM This & That
Cat/layers cut at 2" from Cindy Lou; face from Peachy Keen
Flowers/layers cut at 1.18" from Shall We Dance
Crown cut at .75" from Shall We Dance
Lace and Ribbon from  my stash
Brads from my stash
Stickles and Gel pen doodles
Hearts from CM punch

10 comments:

Unknown said...

that is beautiful!

jessica said...

What an awesome card!! TFS :)

Heidi said...

This is so sweet- I should give these a try. Thanks for joining us on the ABC DT Challenge!

Sarah Bennett said...

This is absolutely darling! I love all the details- the cat is super cute! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!

Amy said...

Really cute Barb- love all of the little details! :)Amy

AmyC said...

Love your card its so pretty. I love making step cards theyre so much fun and add so much dimension

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for playing along with us at the ABC Challenge Blog!!!

marg0006 said...

I just love, love, love this card. It looks real. You did a fantastic job.
marg0006@verizon.net

Birgit said...

This is a cutie of a card and so much detail and thought into it! Love the the little hangers and the pussy cat

Sheri Gilson said...

This is adorable, Barb!! Love all the wonderful detail. Thanks for playing along with us at the ABC Challenge!!
~Sheri