Monday, March 5, 2012

A Hoot-errific card!

It's Monday and boy, did  the day fly by. Finally got some time in my craft room tonight.


It's a Cricut-less Throw Back Thursday over at My Creative Time. This mean making a project old school, no Cricut!!
I was thumbing through a card magazine this weekend and they had this cute little owl card made from punched circles. So cute and simple. Here lies the problem...they advise to use a 3" and 2" circle punch. I don't have punches that large because I have a Cricut for goodness sake!


So I went into my punch collection and dug out the only circle punch I have, my Creative Memories circle punch. It has a 1.5" and 1" circle - it will have to work.
I had to get creative with my other CM punches too to pull this off. I guess that's why they call it a challenge.


Here is what I came up with...
Circle Punch for the owl body and wings as well as the circles on the tree.
Small pocket snowman punch for feet- after cutting the snowman head off-oh my.
Pocket Leaf punch
Scallop punch to get the tiny circles behind the eyes.


It didn't stop there- oh no.. pull out the custom cutting system oval template to make the branches.


Other tools I used were..
Distressed branches cuttlebug folder
Stampin Up corner punch
My Creative Times build a banner stamp set to stamp the pattern on the leaves
Scissor to hand cut the beak and sentiment banner
Sentiment from MPS Tweetie Hoo Puns stamp set
Paper is from my scrap box


I am also linking this up to My Craft Spots Monday Challenge For the Birds


See ya back here tomorrow for more challenge fun!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is fabulous, I think the 1 1/2 circles worked perfectly!!

DIANA L. said...

This is really cute! love those owls.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are super cute!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Barb amazing! Love those owls!

Cassandra said...

So cute!!! I just love owls!! You did such a great job creating them without a Cricut!!! Thanks for joining us for the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

~ Cassandra

Linda said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely adorable. I love the papers. Very creative!

Linda
http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

Candy said...

Super cute card! Love the sentiment!
Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

rockpapercricut said...

I love your little owls. Your card turned out adorable and I really like the papers you used.Thanks for entering your card in this week's challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

Ally