Saturday, January 12, 2013

Argh-- it's cold outside!

WOW - it's cold outside today. Didn't go out much today because mother nature decided to take a turn from the nice winter weather to some pretty cold days. So in between working on a project for work, I was cutting some tags for a friend for a scrap weekend she has coming up.

I didn't have much time to craft this week, but did manage to get a card created.

This little pirate is from Kadoodle Bug Designs a Pirate's Life and the treasure chest, which is the base of my card, is from the Lettering Delights Be My Matey set.

I think it turned out pretty cure. I used a wood grain stamp on the treasure chest for a little texture.
The sentiment is from the BugBites Candy Speaks stamp set which you can find on the right side of my blog.

Hope everyone is having a super weekend ans staying warm if you west of the Mississippi.

Happy crafting!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh good gracious! This is awesome! I love it-- that sentiment is perfect!!!

Sonya said...

Super duper cute! We had 70 degrees today, which is very unusual. Of course, that also brought tornado warnings to us. Nothing happened, thank goodness!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Your card is adorable. Wonderful colors and shading. Very very well done. (coming from Kadoodle Bugs' FB page)

Georgiana said...

Sorry you didn't have much time to craft this week, but boy...this card sure is cute!

Pat N. said...

Simply adorable, Barb! For not having much time, you sure do a good job!!

Adrian said...

Wow, great job, love the faux pearls!

Sherrie K. said...

Your little pirate is the cutest! I love the stitching and the fun sentiment! I know whats with this eaether. We had 5 degrees today for a high:(
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love that the base is a treasure chest! Great job mixing and matching sets!

Evelyn