Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tea for you!

It's design day for me over at Digi My World and today I have a fun little card that is a treat/gift as well to show you.


The digital image is a a version of the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland and is just one of many images in this digital stamp set called Alice's Wonderland

I added him to the front of this super simple tea packet gift holder card. 
I started with a piece of card stock that measures 10" wide by 3 3/8" tall. I scored it on the long edge at 3.25",  3.5" and 6.75". 
I then cut away a triangle piece by cutting diagonally from the 10" lower corner up to the 6.75" score mark. Place a piece of score tape along the bottom edge of the triangle that remains and fold in to make a pocket for the tea bag. Fold along the other two score lines and the base is complete. 

At this point, I secured a piece of ribbon across the front/back side of the card making sure to have enough extra to tie a bow. 
After the ribbon was secure, I added a  yellow mat with a sentiment from My Creative Time and some gems along with my foam mounted Mad Hatter. 

Insert your favorite tea bag and tie the little package up. I may need to make a bunch of these for some gals at work. 

Hope you have a crafty day!


1 comments:

Larelyn said...

Adorable! and thanks for the quick tutorial. What a great little "thinking of you" gift.
Hugs,
Larelyn